Safe Kids continued to plan and implement an ongoing,
bike safety program to mobilize those at risk to take action.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) urges you to register your child restraint with the manufacturer!
In the event of a safety recall all manufacturers are required to notify all registered owners by first class mail that their child restraint is included in the recall. Therefore, it is very important that the manufacturer of your child restraint has your current mailing address, and all of the information necessary to identify your child restraint. To register your child restraint you will need to provide the following information:
• Your Name
• Your current mailing address
• Manufacturer’s Name (Example: Graco, Britax, Evenflo, Combi, etc.)
• Date of Manufacture (Example: Label says "Manufactured in" )
• Model Number (Example: 8643CDR2, 808688, 317147P1, etc.)
• Model Name (if known) (Example: Snugride, Centre EX, Embrace, etc.)
All manufacturers are required to include the model number and date of manufacture on each restraint they produce. It can be found on a label attached to the restraint (look on the rear, the bottom, or the side of the restraint).
If you own a product by one of the manufacturers below, you may register directly on their web site:
• Britax: http://www.britaxusa.com/registration/
• Chicco: http://www.chiccousa.com/carseatregistration.aspx
• Clek Inc. : http://clekinc.com/register/
• Combi: http://www.combiusa.com/Customer-Care/Product-Registration-Car-Seats.aspx
• Compass: http://www.learningcurve.com/productregistration?icid=ddmenu&locale=en_US
• Dorel: http://www.djgusa.com/registration/
• Evenflo: https://plweb.evenflo.com/ProductRegistration/Default.aspx
• Graco: http://www.gracobaby.com/Product%20Registration/Pages/ProductRegistration.aspx?productType=1
• Orbit baby: http://www.orbitbaby.com/en/support/register/consumer/
• Peg Perego: http://us.pegperego.com/babyproducts-site/product-registration-form/
• RECARO: http://www.recaro-registry.com
• Regal Lager: http://www.regallager.com/register/default.aspx?RegistrationType=CarSeat
If the manufacturer of your child restraint is not listed above, or you would like NHTSA to provide your child restraint registration information to the manufacturer, please fill out the form below and send it by mail or fax to the address below:
Child Restraint Registration Form, Adobe Acrobat (.pdf).
U. S. Department of Transportation
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Office of Defects Investigation
Correspondence Research Division (NVS-216)
1200 New Jersey Avenue S.E.
Washington, DC 20590
Fax: (202) 366-1767
For more information, visit this website: